Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Friends Meet Chandy....

Often times when Bob and I chat I like to play the 3 choice game...
  • 3 of your best decisions...
  • 3 of your happiest moments
  • 3 qualities to describe me...(this is for sure my favorite) 
and usually after a sigh and some grunts he realizes I wont stop until he gives me three words. 

Last time we played...he said STUBBORN! Loud, quickly and very decisively. I didn't think I appreciated it very much...but in all honesty I am. I guess maybe more impatient but either way once I decide on something I want it NOW. 

I'm learning to adjust because I want this house to be a fun project for us, that we take our time with. Insert hatred of all things brushed nickel. GAG. SO LAME. I'm not sure what you would consider our style...like traditional with a pop of fun, eclectic-ish. I don't particularly liked brushed nickel, and have my heard set on bronze throughout the house. YAY! 

Well I am a budget friendly kinda gal...changing all hardware and fixtures in this house is most definitely not in the need-it-now budget...so I did what I always do when I want some inspiration...blog stalk!!!!! 

I decided to start in the dining room...

If the world was perfect, the above baby would sit beautifully over my dining room table. But because the world is realistic and I'm not able to justify this purchase....God Gave me Krylon. I guess not technically, but he helped someone create it and ultimately make me a happier human.


SO....gross ugly brushed nickel.....






Pretty Oil Rubbed Bronze Bad Boy Sexy Lady....Miss Chandy.




Do you see Boss's Kennel?? It TOTALLY makes the dining room!You should all go out and get one ;)


and just for fun-sies...my paneled wall made an appearance...as well as some hideous Nike Chanclas...


So...$230 dream chandy or $5 fix so I can continue my DIYing on a budget. 
Have you met me?!

Paint really transforms a room! And its C-H-E-A-P


Lessons Learned:
1.) Have FIL Supervise projects so he can hang chandy in garage (as well as take some action shots)
2.) For surfaces you don't touch frequently, I'd cut out the Primer...but since I primed who knows what difference it made. 
3.) Remove object that usually live in places for pictures....ahh NVM this is real life! 

SO what do you think? Go try it! It's fun. And CHEAP. And makes a big difference...next up is ALL my door knobs, and believe it or not I'm going to try to do my ceiling fans...

-Mon


1 comment:

  1. That's Awesome!! I never would have thought of that! I soooooo CANNOT wait to see the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...