Monday, July 9, 2012

Little Bead-Board in my life...

Yep. Two bloggers is SUPPOSED to be better than 1, but with my husbands lack of enthusiasm for blogging,  I'm back to just good ole' me. (FOR NOW)

So I have big plans for this bar, but again, that's the thing about a new house. You cant justify gutting a brand new kitchen in a new house because it's not exactly what you would have picked. LOL. Until I feel we can safely remove all back splash, change kitchen cabinetry and re-do the bar, I'll love my bead-board bar with all my heart and soul. 


So here is a picture illustration of our supposed to be easy-peasy project. 


BEFORE:



First FIL and Hubs meticulously took off the molding and baseboards working extra carefully not to destroy them so we could reuse on top of the bead board panel. (HA!)




They were pretty awesome in removing it perfectly...


Then hubs got to work on the corners...


And of course what is ANY project without our favorite little helper...



All molding and baseboards off...


Measure and cut panel...


2.5 Beynaerts to figure out if it fits....


FIL and some more help from Boss sweeping the mess...


all in place...


Yea so remember the baseboards and molding they meticulously pulled off. HA... didn't work out as planned. Which meant my bada$$ husband got some experience cutting some 45-degree angles. AKA hard stuff...and he was a supa-star at it. 

Therefore, caulking, sanding, painting later....


TADA!!!!





It's a very subtle touch, but adds just the amount of charm that I felt necessary. We are going to do the ceiling as well which will help bring it out some more and its a lot more obvious in person than in pictures.


It makes me smile. 

Lessons Learned:
1.) Boss the Hoss is the BEST helper in town....


2.) Sometimes "easy" projects aren't SO easy.
3.) THANK GOODNESS HOME DEPOT is less than 2 minutes away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...