Wednesday, July 9, 2014

11 weeks

My littlest Chuck, 

How I have loved spending 11 long (yet somehow not long enough) weeks smelling you, kissing you, rocking you, feeding you, singing to you, watching you grow and changing your diapers. I love the way you wake up so early and we get to spend that 30 minutes together and then you fall back into a satisfied sleep. Then watching you start moving a few hours later and wake up with the biggest smile on your face. Our morning conversations make my life complete. Your small (and sometimes loud) coos and grunts are the cutest thing ever. I could hold you all day and night and it would never be long enough. Watching your eyelashes go from teeny tiny to long and beautiful has been a pleasure. Seeing your cute little patch of hair get thicker and thicker (while we refer to it as your toupee) makes me giggle. Watching those tiny thighs get sweet little rolls and your hands stretch out as you grow leaves me amazed. Afternoon naps with you are my heaven. Nighttime baths and watching you go from a cranky baby to a relaxed one, fulfill me like no other. Watching you sleep with your daddy could melt my heart into a million pieces. And laying you down, sound asleep after a long day watching you learn and grow; gives me more joy than I ever thought possible. 

I don't know what we did before you, or how we felt fulfilled. They way you fit seamlessly into our lives leaves us wondering why we waited so long to have you. Thank you for being perfectin every way you could be. 





    








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...