Friday, July 11, 2014

Confessions of a FAD-er

I'm legitimately (somehow both ashamed of and proud of) a fad-er. What's that you ask? It's a new word I made up that would best be defined as a person who keeps up with the fads. It's not full on follow the leader syndrome...I have some things I hate that everyone loves (like JJ Watt, summertime, scary movies...etc) but I'm absolutely guilty of digging chevron, chalkboard paint, Michael Kors watches and everything "in" right now. I'm also TERRIBLY guilty of being too frugal for my own good. I'll swoon and obsess over particular things that I should just get rather than admire from afar, recreate countless alternates, or buy as many "knock-off" replicas which usually ends up being more expensive (and time consuming) than just taking the plunge in the first place.  

That being said...I've been digging this basket at Target for months. MONTHS. 

It has a nifty price tag of 39.99. Okay, so if I divided the months and individual Target trips I admired it and debated if it needed to come home with me, it may have averaged cents on the dollar, but no dice. Couldn't bring myself to spend 40 bones on it. 

Insert Make-it-Happen-Mon. 

We have a bunch of these bad boys laying around: 

(If you don't, cereal boxes work just as well. And if you don't eat cereal, we have bigger problems.) 

This bad boy, and some good ole fashioned chalkboard paint: 




A much cheaper basket from Ross, my trusty Glue Gun and some drying time later: 



Then I decided this one needed it too...



Soo...thanks Pampers for being my way out of $40 that I should have just spent. (My husband and wallet much more prefer this way.)

 


 


 

2 comments:

  1. THIS. IS. BRILLIANT!! Seriously, I never would have guessed that was a pampers box. Not only does my best friend make a cute baby, she makes cute baskets too! Go YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before and I will say it again... I think we might be the same person. Minus me not having a baby yet :(

    The fad-ing spoke to me!! And so did the frugalness. I am living in fear that I am going to decorate our new house with the fads and when the fad is over I will hate everything. Oops :)

    And can I say, I love that you and Kathleen are both back to blogging. It's about time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...