Sunday, July 13, 2014

Special Red doors

Do you think "special" when you think of Galveston? Yea, probably not. It's a small island city, nothing to write home about, the water is murky, and lots of overgrown, abandoned-ness. But for the Beynaerts clan, it's one special place. 

For obvious (and biased reasons) I think this church is the most beautiful building I've ever seen. It survived the great storm, its got this amazing (and VERY ornate) alter, and it happens to be where I got to start this fun and extremely adventurous life as a Mrs. 

If I'm being honest, one look at those red doors, and the idea that they would have to open simultaneously to reveal a small church filled with the people we hold dearest in life, and a handsome stud at the very end of the aisle, I was sold on this place.

Yesterday we took Chuck down to visit it. It was a surreal moment and one that makes my insides smile.  

In true infant fashion, she was not that impressed. But we like the pictures we got. :) 

Photo: Guess where we brought Chuck?!? #charlestonemmy









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...